Often times when coaching, I notice that getting fully clear on a goal can take some time. Why? Often times people (including myself!) are side tracked by noise and other people’s opinions. This happened to me very recently and it only came to light in one of my own sessions with my coach.
Below are some questions that will help you gain full clarity on your goal setting and where you want to go. Next week, I will share more self-coaching questions that will help you look at what your reality is.
*Hint* – get writing the traditional way with a pen and paper. Why? Writing with a pen and paper, requires more mental energy and engages more areas of the brain than typing on a keyboard!
Questions to ask to clarify YOUR goal(s)
- What is the aim of this goal?
- If I could grant you a wish for this thought session, what would it be?
- What would you like to happen that is not happening now, or what would you like not to happen that is happening now?
- What outcome would you like from this thought session?
- What do you want to achieve long term?
- What does success look like to you?
- How much personal control or influence do you have over your goal?
- What would be a milestone on the way?
- When do you want to achieve it by?
- Is that realistic?
- Is that positive, challenging, attainable?
- Will that be of real value to you?
- How will you measure it?
I would love to hear how you get on!
The Inside Out Coach