Last week’s Friday Diaries looked at how to clarify your goals for YOU. This week as part of the GROW coaching model, this week focuses on the R… Reality!
Most of us think that we are objective when we look at our own goals. A little truth here… we’re not! Often times we tell ourselves stories that are not necessarily accurate or factual. This is why we often use the R part of the GROW model to really assess where you are currently.
Building on what we worked on last week on clarifying goals, below are certain questions that will help you test your reality.
What is happening now in relation to your goal(s)? (what, where, when, who, how much, how often). Be specific.
- How do you know that this is accurate?
- How have you verified, or would you verify that this is accurate?
- What other factors are relevant?
- Who is involved (directly and indirectly)?
- What is their perception?
- When things are going badly on this goal, what happens to you?
- What happens to the others directly involved?
- What is the effect on others?
- What have you done about this so far?
- What results did that produce?
- What is missing in the situation?
- What do you have that you’re not using?
- What is holding you back?
- What is really going on? Don’t underestimate your intuition here.
Next we will delve into what are our options on reaching your goal.
Like last week, I would love to hear how you get on! If you’re struggling with this type of clarity or reaching your goals, I love unlocking potential within my clients… online or face to face inside or out!
The Inside Out Coach